CrossFit Fixx – Barbell Club
– Welcome to week 3 of this lifting cycle! We will continue to work towards establishing a 5-rep-max sumo deadlift, 3-rep-max hang power snatch, and 1-rep-max clean and jerk.
– Keep loads lighter this week and leave room to add 10-20 lbs to your heaviest set so that you can increase your load each week.
– For today’s Main Lift, use a light-to-moderate load that allows for an emphasis on SPEED and QUALITY of movement.
– In Accessory – I, alternate which leg you step with on each rep. Build to a tough 16 reps throughout the 3 sets. if this is your first time performing the movement, stay at a moderate weight for all 3 sets.
– For Accessory – II, Use a KB load that you can barely get for 10 and may require breaking up the final set. The bear hug should be unbroken.
Warm-up (No Measure)
1:00 row (moderate pace)
5 step-back lunges/leg
5 Cossack squats/leg
10 slow V-ups
10 good mornings
5 sumo stance DB goblet squats
– Use light loads and emphasize holding at the bottom, pushing the knees out over the toes, and driving through the heels to stand up.
10 sumo deadlifts (empty bar)
10 sumo deadlifts (very light)
5 sumo deadlifts (light)
3 sumo deadlifts (working weight)
Main Lift (8 Rounds for weight)
Every 1:30 x 8 sets:
3 sumo deadlifts (60-70%)
– All reps performed for SPEED.
Accessory – I (Weight)
16 KB front-rack box step-ups (8/leg)
Accessory – II (Weight)
1:00 bear hug sandbag march
10 double-KB strict presses
– Athlete chooses loads.
– Rest as needed.