Saturday, July 8th – SUMMER SOLSTICE
3-person team competition!
Sign up as an athlete, judge, or volunteer by 6/3 and get a free t-shirt!
NEW CLASS: 4:30pm CrossFit!! Mon-Fri beginning Tuesday, May 30th.
CrossFit Fixx – Barbell Club
– Welcome to week 2 of this lifting cycle! We will continue to work towards establishing a 5RM sumo deadlift, 3RM hang power snatch, and 1RM clean and jerk.
– Keep loads lighter this week and leave room to add 10-20 lbs to your heaviest set so that you can increase your load each week.
– For today’s Main Lift, use a light-to-moderate load that allows for an emphasis on SPEED and QUALITY of movement.
– For Accessory – I, use a weight for the sandbag that is challenging, but possible to hold for the entire :45.
– For Accessory – II, use a load that allows you to perform all 10 good mornings on each side unbroken. Increase the loading as you see fit, however this does not have to be heavy to be effective.
1:00 row (moderate pace)
5 step-back lunges/leg
5 Cossack squats/leg
10 slow V-ups
10 good mornings
5 sumo stance DB goblet squats
– Use light loads and emphasize holding at the bottom, pushing the knees out over the toes, and driving through the heels to stand up.
10 sumo deadlifts (empty bar)
10 sumo deadlifts (very light)
5 sumo deadlifts (light)
3 sumo deadlifts (working weight)
Main Lift (Weight)
Build to a heavy set:
5 sumo deadlifts
– Rest 3:00 between sets.
– Leave 10-20 lbs in reserve.
Accessory – I (Checkmark)
15 GHD sit-ups
:45 sandbag hold at the chest (100/150 lb)
– Rest as needed.
Accessory – II (Checkmark)
10 barbell staggered stance good mornings/leg