CrossFit Fixx – Barbell Club
– For today’s Main Lift, slowly lower the bar to the mid-thigh with the shoulders in front of the bar. Hold for :02, then snatch the bar overhead.
– Begin your first working set around 50% of your best snatch.
– For Accessory – I, the halting snatch deadlift involves stopping and holding at the mid-thigh with the shoulders in front of the bar and NEVER standing to full extension. Hold the mid-thigh position for :03. All sets should be heavier than your top set from the Main Lift.
– For Accessory – II, use a load for the muscle snatches and rows that can be done unbroken. Build in load if desired.
Warm-up (No Measure)
15 jumping jacks
10 PVC pass-throughs/hang muscle snatches/hang power snatches
5 seated box jumps
– Use a PVC.
– Progress to a new PVC exercise each round.
5 BTN push presses
5 BTN push jerks
5 hang muscle snatches
5 hang power snatches (pause at the mid-thigh for :02)
– Use an empty bar.
– BTN = behind-the-neck
1-2 hang power snatches (building)
– Pause with the bar at mid-thigh for :02.
Main Lift (5 Rounds for weight)
5 sets for load:
2 hang snatch high pulls
1 hang power snatch
– Rest 3:00 between sets.
Accessory – I (3 Rounds for weight)
3 sets for load:
5 halting snatch deadlifts
– Build to a heavy set of 5 reps.
Accessory – II (Weight)
Min. 1 | :30 GHD sit-ups
Min. 2 | 5 hang muscle snatches
Min. 3 | 10 snatch grip bent over rows
Record hang muscle snatch weight