Spring is here, and I want you to hit the ground running—maybe literally!
In April, let’s shake off the winter blues by getting active outside.
Here’s my challenge: increase your outside-the-gym activity by 10 percent, and do it in the great outdoors.
Most of us tend to do a little less over winter. Cold days and darkness can make it easy to fire up a streaming service and zone out on the couch. But with spring in the air, it’s time to move.
Whatever your current activity level is, I want to you add something to it. This doesn’t have to be a workout. You can certainly choose to train outside, but I really just want you to add something that will get you out in the sunshine and fresh air.
Here are a few ideas:
- Go for a 20-minute walk or jog once or twice a week.
- Get the bike on the road —maybe even on the way to work.
- Head outside the urban area for a nature hike somewhere.
- Start cleaning up the yard for summer.
- Dig the garden so it’s ready for seeds or plants when the time is right.
- Do 15 minutes of stretching on the deck or patio or even in a sunny spot near the office.
- Organize a pick-up game—any sport you like or just a fun game with the kids or some friends.
- Try out a new sport or revisit an old favorite: maybe hit a driving range, head to a tennis court, shoot some hoops, get out the pickleball paddle or bat a volleyball around.
If you just think “I’ll probably get out and enjoy the weather,” it might not happen. Winter patterns can be hard to break. So take action: Select one outdoor activity per week and put it on the calendar. Actually schedule it so it happens.
I’d love to see what you entered on your calendar! Let me know or text me a screen shot. I’m excited to see what you decide on.
The point here: I want you to leave winter behind and shift gears. So pick something, grab some sunglasses and head outside.
And here’s an open offer: Let’s connect to talk if you’ve signed up for any events this spring or summer. Lots of people plan to do fun runs, races, hikes, paddling excursions, fitness competitions, epic vacation adventures and other stuff. If you have something in mind, let me know. I’d be happy to review your recent progress and make sure you’re on track for maximum enjoyment and success in your upcoming activities.
We’ll sit down for about 15 minutes, and you can ask me any questions you might have about training, nutrition and so on.
This offer stands even if you sign up for something at any point in the next months. Send me a message and let me know. I’ll make time to connect with you.
Now get some outdoor activities on the calendar and let’s get moving!
P.S. Send me a screen grab of your calendar. I can’t wait to see “play tag in the park with the kids” or anything that gets you moving.